We have been looking the last few days at ‘How the Holy Spirit empowers us. If you haven’t read each day yet, please go back and read through.
I really hope that you have been blessed as we have been learning together. I thought it would be really good today is we try to apply some of the things we have learned to our own life.
Please read the passages below and then answer the questions. Tomorrow we will start looking at Spiritual Gifts
Read Acts 1:4-5, 8.
In this passage Jesus tells us that when the Holy Spirit comes into our lives, we not only feel His presence, but He also gives us His power.
• Describe a time when you were aware of the Holy Spirit in your life.
Read 1 Corinthians 2:4-5.
These verses show us how the Holy Spirit gives us the power to share Christ boldly to others.
• When have you had a conversation with someone and the Holy Spirit gave you the words to speak?
• Who is the Holy Spirit prompting you to boldly share Christ with? What has been holding you back from sharing Christ?
Read Romans 8:26 and 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
According to these scriptures, the Holy Spirit gives us power when we are weak.
• Share a time when you were weak and the Holy Sprit gave you power to overcome your weakness.
Read Romans 15:13 and Ephesians 3:16-19.
These verses show us that we receive hope and the ability to experience the fullness of God through the power of the Holy Spirit.
• How has experiencing the power Holy Spirit in your own life affected your relationship with Christ?
• What are some areas of your life that you are relying more on your strength rather than the power of the Holy Spirit?
• How can you begin today to rely more on the power of the Holy Spirit?
It would be awesome if you want to share some of your answers with other people who are reading this devotional, to encourage them and to grow together. If you would like to, please contact me via the contact page of my website.
Again tomorrow we will be looking at the next section of our study on the Holy Spirit. Considering Spiritual Gifts.