The subject of God’s guidance is mired in no small amount of confusion. But I hope the last days have been a little helpful in seeing how God guide us. God’s guidance is the birth right of every believer. How he leads us, in what manner and when, is entirely up to him. For our part, we should cultivate a sense of openness to guidance without being overly anxious that God do it in only the most spectacular or obvious ways.
Today to conclude our study on guidance, I want to list a few of the many Bible verses which talk about guidance. Always remember it doesn’t matter what situation we are in, God wants to guide us. It doesn’t matter how long we have been waiting for an answer, He will guide us.
- 1 Chronicles 16:11 – Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face continually.
- Psalm 25:9 -He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
- Psalm 25:12 -Who is the man who fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way he should choose.
- Psalm 31:3 – Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
- Psalm 32:8 – I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
- Psalm 37:4,7 – Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass … Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.
- Proverbs 2:6-9 – For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice and equity and every good course.
- Proverbs 11:3 – The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.
- Isaiah 30:21 – Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘This is the way, walk in it,’ whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left’
- John 16:13 – But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
There are many more verse we could look at. But hopefully this just reminds you how much God wants to guide your steps.