Today’s Reading: 2 Chronicles 8:11-10:19
Are you going to finish the race/destiny/dream set before you? Are you going to keep on struggling until you finish? A definition of finish means to completed by doing all things: required (demanded prerequisite to completion), a necessary. We have a generation of people who are not finishers. We have a generation of fathers who walk off and don’t raise their kids, people don’t finish being married, people don’t finish church, don’t finish sewing projects, don’t finish losing weight, etc.
So why don’t we finish?
- 1. We don’t understand that we have an enemy – the devil. He is not stupid or dumb. He is cunning and crafty and after you. Ephesians 6: 11
- 2. Excuses – are the crutches of the undetermined and uncommitted.
- 3. Become distracted by others. Realize that some people don’t want you to finish. You make others look bad when you finish. They distract you because they see you as a threat to their private agenda. They recruit others against you.
- 4. We become drawn away from our own lust. Falling into immoralities and secret sins. Hebrews 12:1
- 5. We reject the advice of authority. We want to be independent, unaccountable, and many of us are unteachable. Authority is God’s plan to protect our lives. We need personal accountability.
Nobody cares about how you were knocked down, but how you get up. If you get-up, you will bless the lives of others and leave a legacy for next generation. If you get-up, God’s get the Glory! Leave a memorial of the power of God for this generation. No one cares you start, but how you finish. I don’t want you to finish 50%, and nor so, so. No matter how hard you been hit, get up. You have to be persistent and have endurance. You are in a race and are you determined to finish it. Hebrews 12:1-3