Today we will start looking at what the bible teaches about faith by systematically looking at verses by one. Each scripture reference acts as a link. If you hover of the link with your mouse, the verse will appear. Alternatively you may click on the link to see the context of the verse. Another great idea would be to look up these verses in your own Bible.
So what does the Bible say about Faith? The Bible is full of verses about faith. In it we discover the following:
- Faith is a gift of God. (Romans 12:3).
- Without faith we cannot please God. (Hebrews 11:6 / Romans 14:23).
- The just shall live by faith. (Romans 1:17).
- We are made righteous by faith, not by keeping the Law. (Romans 3:22 / Philippians 3:9).
- We are justified (declared righteous) by faith, not by works. (Romans 5:1 / Galatians 2:16).
- We are sanctified (made holy) by faith. (Acts 26:18).
- We become the children of God by faith. (Galatians 3:26).
- Jesus Christ dwells in our hearts by faith. (Ephesians 3:17 / Galatians 3:22).
- The Holy Spirit is received by faith. (Galatians 3:2 / Galatians 3:14).
- God’s grace is received by faith. (Ephesians 2:8).
- We increase our faith by hearing the Word of God. (Romans 10:17 / 2 Timothy 3:15).
- Hearing the Word does not profit without faith. (Hebrews 4:2).
- Faith works with God’s love (agape). (Matthew 14:14 / 1 Timothy 1:5 / 1 Corinthians 13:2 / Galatians 5:6).
- Faith is our shield against the lies and attacks of evil. (Ephesians 6:16).
- Faith is what makes us overcomers. (Revelation chapters 2-3 and 21:7 lists the rewards promised to those who overcome.) (1 John 5:4-5).
- Faith must be held fast to the end. (1 Corinthians 16:13 / 1 Timothy 6:12).