Today’s Reading: 2 Samuel 2:12-3:39 (additional reading: Psalm 119:1-16 and Proverbs 15:29-30)
God made places before He made People. Every believer needs to understand that there is a place in the place that we need to spend time. This place is communion with God. It’s a place where the believer grows in spiritual strength and stature.
2 Samuel 3:1-2 “Now there was a long war between the house of Saul and the house of David. But David grew stronger and stronger, and the house of Saul grew weaker and weaker. Sons were born to David in Hebron”
Hebron = communion, united, union, to couple together.
- Hebron is entered by faith. It was the place Abraham dwelt after his separation from Lot who means veiled a type of wrong motivation. Genesis 13:18
To remain in Hebron takes faith. It was where Sarah was buried speaking of the resting place of faith. (Genesis 23:2)
- Hebron is the place where promises are possessed. It was the place Joshua and Caleb saw with the ten spies in Canaan that Caleb later took for his own speaking of resting in the possessions. (Numbers 13:22)
- Hebron results in fruitfulness and multiplication. It was a city where David had sons. (Samuel 3:2)
- Hebron brings the fullness of salvation. Hebron was a City of Refuge speaking of being free from judgment. It was a walled City, a place of protection. A place of Salvation. (Joshua 20:2-7)
Hebron speaks of the communion that we have in Christ. Every believer needs to be established in a place (local church), but more importantly, still we need to realize our first priority is constant communion with the Lord. Where are you in life? Are you dwelling in Hebron = communion, united, union, to couple together with God or are you just showing up in the right places but your not really where you are supposed to be spiritually. It’s time to dwell in Hebron.
- Do you dwell in communion with God?
- How can you not just go through the motions but really seek daily fellowship with God?
Father, Thank You that You welcome us to enjoy communion with You. Thank You that You care deeply about our lives and want to be part of them. Help us to be committed in enjoy life with You. In Jesus’ name, Amen
[podbean resource=”episode=kt85n-91a8db” type=”audio-rectangle” height=”100″ skin=”1″ btn-skin=”103″ share=”1″ fonts=”Helvetica” auto=”0″ download=”0″ rtl=”0″]