I first ate these Crispy Coconut Chicken Tenders on a family holiday to Orlando, and loved the tender chicken and tropical taste from the cocnut.
Whether you’re serving appetizers to friends and family, or looking for family-friendly snacks that both kids and adults will enjoy, everyone will love these Crispy Coconut Chicken Tenders.
- 4 lbs of chicken tenders (roughly 12-15 tenders)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 3 cups plain bread crumbs
- 2 cups of flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, orange juice, lemon zest and condensed milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, coconut, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. While oil is heating, rinse the chicken tenders and allow them to drip excess water.
- Once the oil reaches about 375 degrees, dip each tender into the egg mixture and then roll it in the coconut mixture, ensuring all sides are well coated.
- Fry tenders, turning once, for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a spicy mango or sweet chilli dipping sauce.