Today’s Reading: 2 Chronicles 8:11-10:19 (additional reading: Psalm 18:16-36 and Proverbs 19:26)
Are you going to finish the race / destiny / dream set before you? Are you going to keep on striving until you finish? A definition of finish means to complete by doing all things: required (demanded prerequisite to completion), and necessary. We have a generation of people who are not finishers. We have a generation of fathers who walk off and don’t raise their kids, people don’t finish being married, people don’t finish church, don’t finish sewing projects, don’t finish losing weight, don’t finish learning …. etc.
So why don’t we finish?
1. We don’t understand that we have an enemy – the devil. He is not stupid or dumb. He is cunning and crafty and after you. Ephesians 6: 11
2. Excuses – are the crutches of the undetermined and uncommitted.
3. Become distracted by others. Realize that some people don’t want you to finish. You make others look bad when you finish. They distract you because they see you as a threat to their private agenda. They recruit others against you.
4. We become drawn away from our own lust. Falling into immoralities and secret sins. Hebrews 12:1
5. We reject the advice of authority. We want to be independent, unaccountable, and many become unteachable. Authority is God’s plan to protect our lives. We need personal accountability.
Nobody cares about how you were knocked down, but how you get up. As we’ve read, Solomon had wobbles in his life (just read Ecclesiastes) If you get-up, you will bless the lives of others and leave a legacy for next generation. If you get-up, God gets the Glory! Leave a memorial of the power of God for this generation. No one cares how you start, but how you finish. I don’t want to finish 50%, and not so, so. I don’t want to be mediocre. No matter how hard you been hit, get up. You have to be persistent and have endurance. You are in a race and ought to be determined to finish it. Hebrews 12:1-3
- What reasons do you give up for quitting?
- How can you focus on the race?
Father, Thank You that You sustain us to run the race You set before us. Help us to focus and not become distracted by the things that seek to call our attention from You. In Jesus’ name, Amen